A coming of age romantic comedy that revolves around Choi Ung (Choi Woo-shik) and Kook Yeon-Su (Kim Da-mi), ex-lovers who broke up with a promise to never meet again. As luck would have it, the documentary they filmed ten years ago in high school went viral and they are forced to face the cameras together again by their producer friend Ji-ung who seems to have feelings for Kook Yeon-Soo. The series depicts their complicated feelings and growth.
Memorable Quotes From Our beloved summer Korean Drama
Choi Ung – I’m always the first thing you abandon when things get tough. Am I the easiest thing you have that you can throw away?
Kook Yeon-Su – No, you’re the only thing I can throw away.
Kook Yeon-Su – I’ve always thought that my dream was to live an average, normal life. Maybe this wasn’t what I wanted. Maybe I never had a choice to begin with.
Kook Yeon-Su – The reason why we broke up… was because of my pride. It was my pride that told me that I could live without you.
Ji ung – Anything I can’t control is just a risk. Back then and even now, yeon-su is someone like that to me.
Kook Yeon-Su – The reason why we had to break up was… Because we live in two very different realities. Rather, it was because my reality was pathetic. Actually… It’s because life alone was too much of a burden for me. To be completely honest, I was afraid you’d eventually notice my inferiority complex.
NJ – Why can’t people understand me? And why are they so quick to judge?
Choi Ung – you don’t need their understanding. There’s no need for you to do that. Who cares? Let them see and believe what they want. It’s fine as long as you understand yourself. That’s already hard enough.
Choi Ung – it’s okay to be alone from the start. You’d be used to it. But being alone after being with someone isn’t something I want to experience again.
Kook Yeon-Su – There was a specific answer that I wanted to hear from him. I could feel that he liked me a lot. How should I put it? He never said the most important thing. He can’t be that dense, can he?
Kook Yeon-Su – We’re not going to break up. If we fight or break up again. Just come to me like you did today.
Choi Ung – And then?
Kook Yeon-Su – And then I’ll grab onto you and never let go.
Kook Yeon-Su – I think I love you. Did you know that?
Choi Ung – No, I don’t. So remind me every time.
Choi Ung – She was always like that. At times, she’d feel extremely distant. Other times, she’d pull me closer and make time stop.
Kook Yeon-Su – Hey, are you really stupid? Why would we break up?
Choi Ung – Then you should have told me instead of making me feel anxious.
Kook Yeon-Su – Must I say it out loud?can’t you tell?
Choi Ung – I can’t. I still can’t. Unless you tell me. I can’t read you.
Interviewer – why aren’t there people in your drawings?
Choi Ung – l love things that don’t change but people change Or disappear over time. That’s why there are no people or time in my works.
Kook Yeon-Su – To avoid getting hurt… I hurt the people I loved.
Kook Yeon-Su – they say the more you try to ignore the past, the more you become trapped in it.
Kook Yeon-Su – I had forgotten… Who I was in love with. Whether he changed or not doesn’t matter. It was Ung. I just loved him for who he was.
- 10 Powerful Life Changing Lessons from The AlchemistSpread the word “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho imparts several valuable life lessons and insights, which is why it has resonated with readers worldwide. “The Alchemist” follows Santiago, a shepherd boy, on his journey to find treasure in the Egyptian pyramids, guided by recurring dreams. Along the way, he learns about destiny, love, and the … Read more
- 8 Reasons to Read The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoSpread the word“The Alchemist” is a novel written by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho. Originally published in Portuguese in 1988, it has since become one of the most translated and best-selling books in the world. The novel is a work of fiction that blends elements of adventure, philosophy, and spirituality. It tells the story of Santiago, … Read more
- 10 Memorable Quotes From Season 1 Of Netflix’s One PieceSpread the wordOne Piece is a fantasy adventure television series developed by Matt Owens and Steven Maeda for Netflix. The series is a live action adaptation of the ongoing 1997 Japanese manga series of the same name by Eiichiro Oda, who himself served as a major creative consultant for the series. The series stars an … Read more
- My Lovely Liar (2023) Korean Drama QuotesSpread the wordMy Lovely Liar is a South Korean television series directed by Nam Sung-woo, story about a young woman Mok Sol Hee (Kim So-hyun) with an extraordinary and supernatural ability. She is able to “hear” other people’s lies, no matter how hard they try to obfuscate the truth. But this superpower has left her … Read more
- 10 Beautiful and Aesthetic German Words and Their MeaningSpread the wordThe German language has a rich history and a diverse vocab. It is known for its compound words, where multiple words are combined to create a new word with a specific meaning. These compound words can sometimes be quite long and complex. German is a West Germanic language that is primarily spoken in … Read more